Powered by Blogger.

What Peggy Carter Means To Me



Agent Peggy Carter is my favourite Marvel character and is one of my all-time favourite characters. I fell in love with this character the moment she punched her way onto my screen in Captain America: The First Avenger.


Peggy Carter was a strong independent woman in a time period when no one wanted to see a woman succeed. She rose to the top of her field in a male lead career. When others tried to shake her and make her doubt her importance, she didn't budge. Because Agent Carter knew she was one of the best and brightest agents that the SSR had to offer, but more importantly, she knew her value and everyone else's opinions didn't really matter. 

Not only is Peggy incredibly strong and brave but she has a feminine side too. She will wear her brightest red lipstick and snazziest pair of heels and she will go out and she will kick your butt. Because she is not bound by stereotypes and she dares to break them. But at the same time isn't afraid to live up to her stereotype, and can even use it to her advantage. She does not see being a woman a weakness or disadvantage, she sees it as a strength. 




Peggy Carter has been through so much pain and loss in her lifetime but she doesn't let it consume her. She doesn't let it weaken her heart and always comes through the darkness and out to the light. Although she has lost past loves she isn't afraid to find new ones.  

Elizabeth Margret Carter taught me to that it is okay to be who I truly am and to not let others weaken my heart. She taught me to always question and to not allow others to silence my voice. She taught me that when the whole world is telling you to move, you should plant yourself like a tree and say "no, you move". Peggy taught me to never give up and fight for what I believe in. 

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss seeing this character on my screen showing the world what a badass she truly is. That is why I won't stop fighting for Agent Carter's return and Peggy wouldn't expect anything less.

You can find Carter (played by Hayley Atwell) starring in Captain America: The First Avenger and in her own series, Agent Carter. She also features in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Season 3, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Ant-Man. As well as being heavily mentioned in Captain America: Civil War. 



No comments