Powered by Blogger.

Manchester Comic Con Haul



Last weekend, I took off my glasses and put my cape back on and became an unproblematic Supergirl for the day. Although I couldn't see because of the lack of glasses, I went to Manchester MCM Comic Con and I had a great time. I went with a group of friends, two of which also cosplayed. Abbie as The Flash and Vicki as Peter Pan. Yes, we did look insane on public transport.




I promised myself I wouldn't spend my entire life savings at Comic Con, which was a hard promise to keep. But I did nab myself a few bits.

The first thing I got was an Agent Carter Comic. Many of you may know about my love for Peggy Carter from previous videos and blog posts so it's probably no surprise that as soon as I saw this comic I HAD to buy it, even if I've already read it. IN MY DEFENSE, I didn't have a physical copy yet, it was only £1 and It's a special 50 years of S.H.I.E.L.D comic. How could I refuse? But seriously, if you love Agent Carter and Peggy as much as me I would definitely recommend this fun and short story. It's only one issue but I can only hope Peggy gets more stories soon.




The next comic I bought was The Amazing Spider-Man & Silk: The Spider(Fly) Effect. I love Silk and Spider-Man and I love it, even more, when they are together so when I saw that this was half price I had to get it.
I had to read this as soon as I got home. It was a nice, lighthearted, funny, time travel story. Silk and Spider-Man are accidentally thrown back in time to the day they were both bitten and got their superpowers. This comic is full of little easter eggs and my favourite one is when Uncle Ben corrects Peter on the famous "With great power must also come great responsibility" quote.




Another Spidey related graphic novel I picked up, also half price, was a hard back collecting Marvel Spotlight #32 and Spider-Woman Vol. 4 #1-7.  I am yet to read this but it looks great on my little Marvel display and I love Spider-Woman (and just everything spidey) so I'm sure I'll love the stories in this too.



The final comic I picked up was All-New, All-Different Avengers, Volume 2: Family Business. I bought this comic because recently Miles Morales and Ms Marvel have really stolen my heart and any and all stories that include them I really want to read.



And last but certainly not least, I bought art of a gender bent Deadpool drawn by @kavon_doodles This print was only £2.50 and is super cute. I may have bought this because Deadpool is drawn as a blonde girl and I could totally pretend it was me...




My only regret of comic con was that I ran out of money before I could pick up Snot Girl Vol. 1. Next time maybe...

Have you read any of these comics? Let me know what you thought of them in the comments below!

Links to comics mentioned below!


No comments