Powered by Blogger.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle Review

(via 20th Century Fox)
Kingsman: The Golden Circle is the film that will simultaneously bring you so much joy and also destroy your life. 


This is the second instalment in the Kingsman franchise and it did not let itself down. Moving on from mocking British stereotypes, it is now poking fun at America. With a very accurate portrayal of a corrupt President too. However, it didn't spend as long mocking at the American stereotypes as I would have thought or hoped. Hopefully, in the third Kingsman, they can spend just a bit longer with a different country's ridiculous stereotypes.

Straight away with this film, you can tell it got a larger budget than the first (with the first having a budget of £84 million and this one £104 million). The fight scenes particularly stood out for me, they were so seamless. They were jam-packed, fun to watch, had great songs playing throughout and were shot in a really clever way. The only downside is that some of the CGI was not as good as it could have been but I'll forgive it as it made it up in fab choreography. 

I was also glad to see the return of my favourite character, JB the pug. I like to think that, although JB didn't have that much screen time, he had a very important role. I won't say anything else except you need to go see this movie. 

I am a very recent fan of the Kingsman series with only watching the first instalment earlier in the summer. But this film was good enough to keep me hooked and wanting to see more from Eggsy, Harry and the rest of the Kingsman. I wouldn't say The Golden Circle is better than The Secret Service, as the first one was just so unexpectedly brilliant, but it was just as enjoyable. It keeps the story going and sets up many more films in the process. And I for one will keep seeing Kingsman movies as long as they have a good story to tell. 

Kingsman: The Golden Circle is in cinemas now! 

No comments