Powered by Blogger.

December Favourites 2017


It may be a few weeks into 2018 but it isn't time to say goodbye to 2017 yet. Before we can wave the mess that was last year away, we must first look back at my December favourites!


The first thing I read this month was Ms Marvel Vol 1. I've been meaning to read this for so long and I loved it. I can not encourage you to read it enough! This is a comic for everyone, no matter if you have pre-knowledge of Marvel heroes or not. What I loved about Ms. Marvel was the leading lady herself. Kamala Khan has quickly become one of my most favourite Marvel Comics characters. She's an everyday, realistic, person with a heart of gold. This isn't just an origin story, it's a coming of age story. It's about Kamala truly finding and accepting who she is. This story will bring you nothing but heartwarming moments and a smile on your face.


Another great graphic novel I read this month was Thor: The Goddess of Thunder. I was reluctant to give this comic a go as I've had a quite love-hate relationship with Thor in the past, but I'm so glad I did. This comic tells the story of a new age of Thor, with a mysterious woman taking up the mantle when the old Thor is no longer deemed worthy. This book had so many great aspects (art, plot, the portrayal of characters, feminist undertones) that all came together to create a superb story. This is my Thor.



This month brought an end to the hilarious trilogy that is Pitch Perfect. Pitch Perfect 3 was very different from its successors, going down a more action root than musical-comedy, but I still really enjoyed it. It was a solid and satisfying end the story that had me feeling more heart-warmed than sad when leaving the cinema. The third act reminds me of the end of High School Musical 3, which made me quite emotional but for the right reasons. If you're someone who has never seen a Pitch Perfect film, please do. It is a wonderfully funny film series with great music. It's hard not to be entertained when watching these films.

Last but certainly not least, is How to Get Away with Murder. This is the riveting show that will not only entertain you but also give you tips on how to win a murder case. (Hi FBI agent reading this! I'm just joking... please don't kill me.)
This show follows the story of Annalise Keating and five of her students as they race to win other people's cases, along with trying to hide a crime of their own. Everything about this show is amazing. The writing, cinematography, the editing, the acting. It's flawless. Each season, when you're not sure what else it can pull out of the bag, blows you away.

That's it for my December favourites! What your 2017 favourites? Let me know in the comments below!

Art in first photo by Laurel Clark

No comments